WSOP Experience delivers dazzling poker adventure

A look back at our online qualifiers' enviable WSOP voyage

By PKR_Danski on Wednesday 13 Jul 2011 11:00

It just keeps getting better!

WSOP Experience
Experience Tour stops at iconic Vegas Sign

A rolling stone gathers no moss, and that was certainly the case last week in Las Vegas as PKR's WSOP Experience went from strength to strength, again improving on previous years. From a world class hotel to the best food, drink and nights out, not to mention a record string of cashes in event #54, our annual pilgrimage to poker mecca left no ounce of entertainment unsampled, no dollar unspent and no waking hour wasted.

Into just six days, the 24 WSOP Experience qualifiers squeezed three parties, one gluttonous dinner, a Vegas tour and one fruitful WSOP event, to the tune of $48,000. Essence of the WSOP distilled and maximum value extracted!

WSOP Experience
PKR's Official WSOP Party never disappoints

Base camp for seven days, the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas provided our crew with world class accomodation, infinite dining options, and enough bars and nightclubs to satiate the wildest of party animals. First night introductions were then made at the Bellagio's Caramel Bar where the week began with a bang.

The following morning, the qualifiers took their seats for Day 1 of the $1,000 buy-in WSOP event #54, and the chance to realise their dreams. From the 24 who played, six made the money with Frenchman Jonathan 'eurojo' Levy finishing 33rd of 4,576 for $16,267.

Away from the tables, the focus of the Vegas week is Sunday's 'F**k Me I'm Famous' pool party at Wet Republic, an extraordinary afternoon of poolside clubbing run by DJ legend David Guetta. Joined by Team PKR Pros and assorted PKR players, the qualifiers donned their speedos and danced the day away under the desert sun, until a rare Vegas thunderstorm brought the occasion to a thunderous and fitting end. Wet Republic will surely become a staple diet of PKR qualifiers in the years to come. 

WSOP Experience
bazilboy & friends at the Wet Republic pool party

On the Fourth of July, PKR headed to Table 10, celeb chef Emeril Lagasse's restaurant in the Palazzo, for four sumptuous courses including a steak the size of a football. Many players followed the feast with a visit to Marquee nightclub on the biggest night of the year, an evening which saw one reveller foot a $700,000 bar bill having bought each table a $2,000 bottle of Cristal!

The relentless entertainment schedule continued the following night with the Official PKR WSOP Party at the Revolution Lounge in the Mirage, each year an opportunity for PKR's players to form the centrepiece of our WSOP celebrations. A unforgettable week concluded on 06 July with a tour of Las Vegas, from the Vegas Sign to historic Freemont Street, the Bellagio fountains and a dose of Premium Outlets shopping heaven.

From wheels down to wheels up, the WSOP Experience was a fun-packed, sociable journey through the most colourful city on the planet, but as usual, credit must go not to the city, but to the players themselves. Either we run good, or every member of the PKR Family that we meet is great company. They arrived from the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Italy and the Netherlands, and as they return wearily to the real world this week, many will reflect on the trip of their lives - certainly in a poker context - and wish they remembered more. But fear not! A WSOP Experience with PKR is just the beginning...

Check out the WSOP Experience photo gallery!

Comments

must say was just savage craic thanks to pkr really sorted us out trip of a lifetime!!!

Comment by dickquinn - 14/07/11 (Report)

great time, great fun, great experience!! not comparissonable 2 any other Poker Site Event, I believe...
Me AND my girlfriend had a really awesome time and made a lot of new friends!
Greetz 2 all of them!!
I´ll be back next year 4 sure!!

Comment by mak131081 - 13/07/11 (Report)

It was a great trip for me and my Son.
We will never forget this for our hole life.
Thank you PKR team for the great programm you had in Vegas.
To all PKR players: take a chance next year to make a dream come true and go for it.

greetz egid & Marvin

Comment by surfegid - 13/07/11 (Report)

/boooo bubbled that event :-(
Still congrats to the winners :-)

Comment by maikie80 - 13/07/11 (Report)

no, u r the best,
and i´m still missing 6 houres .but next time i will looking 4 it. the missing link.

i had a great time extraordinairy, i would say.....

shhhh

Comment by caban - 13/07/11 (Report)

Thx for the wonderfull time we had in Vegas, like Danski said, A Once In A Lifetime Experience, by far!

Disneyland for adults:P

Hope to cu again in the future,

Thx PKR!

Comment by WoooT - 13/07/11 (Report)

unreal trip, tanks 4 evrytin pkr :)

Comment by bazilboy - 13/07/11 (Report)

Thank you so much to all the staff for the wonderful experience PKR gift.
Danski really a special personal!
We hope to see you soon at some other event or PKR LIVE!
YOU ARE THE BEST!

/ cheers

Comment by OLD_ToniDealer - 13/07/11 (Report)

An absolutely brilliant trip from start to finish. Credit to all the PKR qualifiers, PKR Pro's and other PKR players in Vegas who were all top company the whole week, but special thanks to the PKR staff for putting on such an epic trip of a lifetime. The memories will live on, but qualifying for next year's trip is an absolute must!

Comment by Littlewood - 13/07/11 (Report)

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.
Register

Join the game now!

Download the world's most advanced poker room. Read more »